9 ก.ค. 2564
Guidelines for travelers entering the “Phuket Sandbox”
• Travelers must travel from countries/territories in the list as announced by the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT). They must be staying in the said countries/territories no less than 21 days before the travel date. Thai and foreign nationals with residence in Thailand are exempted from this 21 days requirement.
• Travelers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no less than 14 days before the travel date, with a vaccine registered with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of Thailand or approved by WHO or Thai Ministry of Health, and must possess a valid Vaccination Certificate/Card (digital or paper format);
• Children under 18 years of age without COVID-19 vaccination are eligible only when
travelling with fully vaccinated parents or guardians;
Pre-arrival: Registering for a Certificate of Entry (COE) at coethailand.mfa.go.th
(1) Register via the said website and upload the required documents especially the Vaccination Certificate;
- Make sure you select Phuket as the Sandbox destination when filling the “Travel Details” column
(2) Once registration is approved, you must upload SHA+ Hotel booking confirmation and flight reservation within 15 days
- For SHA+, you must upload a “SHABA Certificate” confirmation sent from the hotel or make booking through website entrythailand.go.th
(3) Once COE is approved, you must download and print the COE together with other required documents
• Required documents to upload into the system:
(1) Valid Passport;
(2) Vaccination certificate (must be in English or have an English translation from a competent authority);
(3) COVID-19 health insurance policy with a minimum coverage of US$100,000;
(4) Air ticket confirmation;
(5) Paid SHA+ Hotel Booking confirmation for 14 nights (or less if staying in Phuket less than 14 days)
(6) COVID-19 tests payment in Thailand according to the duration of stay (Issued either by the test facility or hotel)
* VISA (if needed)
Travelers must do a COVID-19 test (RT-PCR method) with test result no more than 72 hours prior to the departure time. The negative result must be presented to the airline check-in counter.
Arrival at Phuket International Airport (HKT)
• Undergo Health, Immigration and Customs procedures; and a COVID-19 screening including a RT-PCR test;
• Download and install the designated contact tracing application;
• Travel directly to your reserved SHA+ hotel to await the test results. If tested negative for COVID-19, travelers will be allowed to go anywhere in Phuket.
During the stay in Phuket
• Undergo additional COVID-19 RT-PCR tests (day 6-7 and 12-13) according to the period of stay. Travelers are responsible for the relevant costs if it is not included in the accommodation package;
• Turn on the GPS of the designated contact tracing application at all times throughout the period of stay in Phuket.
Departure from Phuket
• Travelers who wish to visit Phuket only (stay less than 14 days) must leave Phuket (Thailand) for another country on or before the intended departure date;
• Travelers who wish to continue the journey to other Thai destinations: must stay in Phuket for 14 nights, and thereafter will be allowed to travel domestically.
• Proof of 14 days of stay and 3 RT-PCR tests must be provided
- For further details and purchase of medical insurance covering COVID-19 treatment in Thailand, please check https://covid19.tgia.org/
- For list of SHA+ hotels, please check https://www.thailandsha.com/shalists/